Our two cottages: Saranac has two self-catering cottages, tucked away amongst lots of trees, giving guests plenty of privacy. When you stay at Saranac on the Nile, you will enjoy:
- a spacious room with open kitchen (with stove & fridge)
- coffee/tea, and basic cooking essentials - utensils, spices, oil, etc.
- bathroom with shower, flush toilet, and solar-heated water
- 220V electricity from a solar power system
- sleeping space for 3 (1 queen bed and 1 single bed, both with mosquito nets)
- veranda with view over the River Nile
- BBQ with charcoal
- fire pit (cottage 2 only)
- salt-water swimming pool
Self-Catering Facilities: The cottages are self-catering, though our wonderful staff can arrange for the purchase of certain basic items such as fruits and vegetables, as well as fresh fish. Charcoal is provided free of charge for the BBQ. The nearby villages have limited availability of food and drinks, but you can stock up in Jinja. Check out The Deli if you're passing through Jinja town for a selection of fresh, delicious food.
Team Retreats: If you are interested in hosting a retreat for your company or your clients, please send us an inquiry. We'd love to work with you to figure out how we can use the space to help make your team bond, be more productive, or just unplug! Yoga, pilates and other classes also welcome.
Shared Family Space: We (the owners) are a family of four with two little kids, and will be spending time on the property. We will strive to give guests maximum privacy and tranquility, but since this is our home, you will likely see us around and at the pool with our kids from time to time! Please say hi!